Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sorry I Have Been Gone So Long.....

Sorry I haven't updated here in a while. It has been a busy couple of months. My orange persian, Garfield, was diagnosed with cancer right before Christmas. We started treatment but sadly he did not make it through to the new year. We also lost our 1st homegrown World Champion, Glittering Cowgirl, on Christmas Day. Yes, my jewelry is named after her. She was very special to all of us. She is buried on the property next to a couple of our other show horses. We have a pet crematorium just up the road from us but they are not designed to cremate large animals. Good thing I guess, it would have taken a really large urn. I can laugh now but it was really tough losing two animals within days of each other. Will post pictures later. The good thing is that we still have one of Glitzy's daughters that I am starting to ride. She is a natural trail horse and gravitates toward the trail poles. She likes to have that challenge! She ought to make a great trail horse.

No comments: